Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay. Sate babi, or pork satay, is the first satay that I was introduced to. There was this one lovely lady who went door to door selling pork satay when we were young, and me and my brothers would be really happy when my grandparents bought a portion for our lunch. Even though it was ages and ages ago.
Little chunks of marinated meat threaded onto bamboo skewers, grilled Keep the juice and discard the remaining pulp. Kecap manis is a sweet Indonesian soy sauce that. Peranakan Cuisine).… Indonesian satay, on the other hand, is much easier to prep and the flavor is really good but different. You can have Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay
- You need 250 g of pork fillet, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 75 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 6 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal, bruised.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 30 gr of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Grind into a paste :.
- Prepare 6 of shallots.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 5 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 2 cm of turmeric.
She had a guest blogger (Rita from Mochachocolata-Rita blog) who posted the recipe for Indonesian Sate. Those memories just came flooding right back and my need for them was suddenly. All reviews pork satay sate babi rice dewi sri place to eat tipat culinary spicy meat indonesia taste marinated. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews.
Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay instructions
- Sauté the paste ingredients and galangal with little oil. Put 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, brown sugar, tamarind, 1 tsp white pepper, salt, chili power, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaf and water. Cook until the sauce becomes rather thick. Take 2 tbsp of the sauce, put into a bowl and set aside (we gonna need this for basting mixture)..
- Cut the meat into cubes, rub with the sauce and put in a bowl. Cover the bowl and marinade in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Remove the meat from the bowl and thread meat cubes onto the skewers..
- Basting Mixture : Mix 2 tbsp of marinade sauce with 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper and melted butter..
- Brush the meat with basting mixture. Grill the satay until the meat color changed, then turn the satay over. Brush again the meat with basting mixture and continue grill the satay until the meat cooked..
- Serve with warm steamed rice and sambal..
Sate babi is Bali landmark for its dishes so you may find it everywhere in Bali. This place however is good as it sounds!! Indonesian Sate – Sate is marinated meat skewered on sticks grilled to perfection and served with sauce. Easy sate babi and sate ayam recipe by Rita. As a true Indonesian, Rita shares with us her mouthwatering and tantalizing sate recipe, and outlined the steps involved in making authentic sate.