Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam).
You can cook Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam)
- You need of For Chicken Satay.
- Prepare 600 gram of chicken thigh meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- You need 15 ml of sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of peanut oil.
- Prepare 1 of lime fruits.
- It’s 50 pieces of skewer for satay.
- Prepare of Peanut Sauce:.
- It’s 250 grams of cooked peanuts.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 5 of red shallot.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- You need 500 ml of boiled water.
- Prepare 2 of lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of palm sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of sweet soy sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 4 of candlenuts.
- Prepare of Accompaniments:.
- It’s of Rice cake or white rice.
- Prepare of Pickle cucumber.
- Prepare of Lime wedges.
- Prepare of Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s of Deep fried shallot.
Indonesian Chicken Satay (Sate Ayam) step by step
- To make chicken satay:.
- Place chicken, sweet soy sauce, oil, and 150 gram of peanut sauce in a mixing bowl. Mix together and marinate for 30 minutes..
- Skewer the marinated chicken with bamboo skewers. Grill/broil until cooked and slightly charred, baste with marinating sauce as needed..
- Serve the satay with peanut sauce and accompaniments..
- For making peanut sauce: In a food processor, grind together peanut, candlenuts, shallot, garlic, chilli..
- Transfer to a sauce pot along with the rest of the peanut sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Turn off heat..