Chicken Rendang – Malaysian Style.
You can have Chicken Rendang – Malaysian Style using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Rendang – Malaysian Style
- It’s 500 gms of chicken curry cut.
- It’s 2-3 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 1" of ginger chopped.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It’s 2 stalks of lemon grass chopped.
- Prepare 1" of galangal chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chililes.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2-3 of dry red chillies.
- You need 3-4 of candlenuts / cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- You need 4-5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of roasted fresh grated coconut.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2 of lime leaves, finely sliced.
- It’s of lemon grass stalk, green chilies and few candlenuts to garnish (opt).
Chicken Rendang – Malaysian Style instructions
- Make a paste of the onions, ginger, garlic, galangal, red chillies, green chilies, candlenuts, tamarind paste, turmeric powder and lemongrass. Keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a non-stick pan and saute the chicken till light brown. Drain and keep aside. Heat remaining oil and saute the ground paste till the oil separates from the sides of the pan..
- Add the fried chicken and salt and mix well so that it is well coated with the masala. Now add the coconut milk and the kaffir lime leaves and simmer on low flame till the gravy thickens..
- Add the roasted coconut and combine well. Serve, garnished with lime leaves, candle nuts, lemon grass and chilies..