Braised chicken and dates tagine. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPES — Chicken tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish of chicken pieces braised with spices, garlic, onion, olives, and preserved lemons. Like many dishes that rely on combinations of spices, a tagine, which is a slowly braised stew, may look more Even with shortcuts, the results are exotic in flavor and appearance. My version of this tagine may not compare to those.
Sweet and savory, this easy chicken tagine works well as either a family dinner or special occasion dish. To serve, transfer the chicken and its sauce to a serving dish. Our Moroccan tagine with chicken and dates uses its own spice blend to impress at a dinner party. You can cook Braised chicken and dates tagine using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised chicken and dates tagine
- It’s 500 gm of chicken thigh,bone in and with skin.
- It’s 1large of onion finely sliced.
- You need 1tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 300 gm of tomatoes chopped.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken broth/ stock.
- Prepare 8 of dates ,pitted and halved.
- You need 2" of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp + 3tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s as needed of toasted almonds and coriander leaves for garnishing.
- It’s of For the marinade.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
The best chicken tagine recipe we've ever made. The dates and squash, both in season now give this dish a lovely savoury-sweet flavour. Tagines—which share their name with the earthenware vessels they're traditionally cooked in—are popular Moroccan stews, known for their satisfying balance of sweet and savory. Tonight's take features an exciting seasonal twist: alongside the classic sweet dates and warming spices, we're adding.
Braised chicken and dates tagine instructions
- Mix together al the ingredients and rub it all over the chicken pieces.Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet heat 4 tbsp olive oil. Add the chicken pieces with skin down. On medium heat brown the chicken on all sides. Remove and keep aside..
- In a tagine heat the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil along with the oil in the skillet..
- On medium heat saute the cinnamon along with the sliced onion till onions start to brown. Add the minced garlic; continue to saute till the onions start turn brown.
- Add tomatoes,paprika, turmeric powder along with lemon juice and salt. Stir through..
- Add the chicken pieces. Cover and let cook on simmer till chicken is tender and cooked through..
- Add the dates ;cover and cook for another 10 minutes till the dates turn soft,.
- Turn heat off. Garnish with toasted almonds and chopped coriander leaves..
- Serve immediately with rice or Arabic bread.
Perhaps the most classic Moroccan tagine is this one: braised chicken, green olives, and preserved lemons in a sauce fragrant with ginger and coriander. Use a chef's knife to cut up the chicken, onion, fruit, and herbs, and use a small paring knife to section the lemon and remove the strips of rind. Recipe: Chicken tagine with dates and chickpeas. Recipe: Easy bake homemade bran rusks with sunflower seeds. Sick of scraping nearly empty peanut butter Recipe: Chicken and okra stew.