Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. How to Make Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup. Stir in chicken broth, bring to boil. Butternut Squash Green Chile Chicken Soup.
Now, I've clearly got a butternut squash thing happening in my life right now but we have about a bushel of it in our pantry so please stay with me! Place butternut squash/chickpea combination on a platter, top with chicken and sprinkle with cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon wedges. You can cook Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It’s 6 of (4 oz) Skinless, Boneless Chicken thighs cut into small pieces.
- It’s 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground red pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Cubed / Peeled Butternut Squash.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 8 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Uncooked Couscous or Quinoa.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini quartered and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Fresh Basil.
- You need 4 tsp of Grated Orange Rind or Lemon Peel.
Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Homemade butternut squash soup becomes more filling with the addition of chopped chicken thighs. Bright butternut squash gives beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fiber to this satisfying homemade soup. Butternut squash soup is a comforting fall recipe.
Moroccan Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat..
- Add onion, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides..
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly..
- Add butternut squash and tomato paste; cook 1 minute..
- Stir in Chicken Stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes..
- Stir in couscous/quinoa, salt, and zucchini; cook 5 minutes or until squash is tender..
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in chopped basil and orange rind/lemon peel..
The balance of protein from lean chicken and sausage, with tender squash, fiber-rich beans and plenty of leafy green kale makes this a complete meal. I started making this hearty soup a few years ago after my son James was born. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash. How to Make this Butternut Squash Soup.