Jalapeno hummus. Garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, and tahini combine to make this spicy hummus In a blender or food processor, mix the garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers and reserved juice, tahini. Let's wake up our mouths with the fiery flavor of classic hummus combined with pickled jalapeño peppers. Spicy Jalapeño Hummus – Healthy Green Mezze Recipe.
For some hummus with some kick, try jalapeno hummus. If you're looking for heat, leave the seeds in, otherwise, remove them for a milder kick start to your next party or get-together. The perfect spicy snack to feed a crowd! You can cook Jalapeno hummus using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeno hummus
- Prepare 2 cans of garbanzo beans rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 2 of jalapeno peppers roughly chopped remove seeds for less heat.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro, stems cut off.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- You need of sesame oil, I started with 3/4 cup, add more to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water, if it is too thick add more.
- You need 1 of lime, juiced and zest.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika, more to taste.
- You need to taste of kosher salt.
The jalapeño provides a lovely spice when combined with lemon and a secret ingredient. Hummus is an easy, tasty and nutritious snack or appetizer. Friends are often surprised at the uncommonly good taste and the jalapeno gives it a little kick. It is one of those guilt-free snack foods that tastes amazing and somehow sneaks in.
Jalapeno hummus step by step
- Throw everything into blender, puree until smooth.
- Adjust your seasonings, and add more water, and oil if too thick 0.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices, chopped cilantro, drizzle of sesame oil, and smoked paprika.
- Serve with pita chips.
- Don't forget the strawberry jalapeno margarita.
- Keep the heat going!.
Transfer the hummus to a bowl. This creamy, low-fat jalapeno hummus has a killer kick, thanks to hot jalapeno pepper, and a Killer Jalapeño Hummus. This EASY, spicy Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus Recipe without Tahini is going to be your new favorite snack or sandwich spread! This No-Fuss Jalapeno Hummus is similar to a traditional Mediterranean hummus, except it adds in plenty of jalapenos and this recipe requires no tahini (making it less expensive to make too). This jalapeño cilantro hummus is the perfect appetizer for holiday parties or for weekday afternoon snacking!