Coleslaw. The word "coleslaw" comes from the Dutch word, "koolsla," "kool" meaning cabbage and "sla" meaning lettuce or salad. The word entered our English language from the Dutch in. This Coleslaw recipe is crisp and refreshing, with just enough creamy dressing to bring it all If you need to erase the memory of the typical stale, mayonnaise-drowned coleslaw that so often makes.
Coleslaw is easy to make in advance. This Classic Coleslaw Recipe is a fresh, made from scratch recipe that will make you never buy store bought coleslaw again! Coleslaw is a summer staple, perfect at barbecues or atop a pile of pulled pork. You can cook Coleslaw using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coleslaw
- It’s 1 packages of classic coleslaw.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of hellman's mayonnaise.
But our easy coleslaw recipes are brilliant all year round from Tom Kerridge's hardcore coleslaw to the Hairy Bikers' light. Type of cabbage for Coleslaw – green cabbage is the classic. Red cabbage is great too (but will bleed colour slightly), savoy and Napa cabbage can also be used. Make it creamy or light to enjoy with your barbecue. 🎦 Coleslaw.
- Rinse coleslaw in cold water and dump into a large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a bowl or measuring cup with a spout.
- Add to the slaw mixture and mix well..
- Place lid on the bowl and place in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld together..
- Let rest for about an hour, the longer it sets the better it tastes..
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Cole slaw" redirects here. Dutch koolsla, from kool cabbage + sla salad. Vinegar Coleslaw is an excellent no mayo coleslaw recipe for those who love coleslaw but don't love mayonnaise. This vinegar based coleslaw is tangy. Get coleslaw recipes for your next meal or gathering.