West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry). Узнать причину. Закрыть. indonesian Rendang-Beef Caramelized Curry-padang(west sumatra). Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring.
Authentic beef rendang recipe from Minangkabau, Indonesia. You can recreate this world's best food at home by following this If you chose rendang, congratulations! Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! You can have West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry) using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry)
- Prepare of Basic Ingredients.
- You need 700 grams of fresh beef shanks/ribs/chuck, cut into large cubes.
- You need 800 ml of pure coconut milk (from 3 mature coconuts).
- It’s 1500 ml of young coconut water.
- It’s 150 grams of unpeeled baby potatoes, cut slightly.
- Prepare 150 grams of red beans, boiled until half-cooked.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Ground-Spice Ingredients.
- Prepare 100 grams of red chilli peppers (add more if you likel it spicy).
- It’s 10 clove of medium shallots.
- It’s 10 clove of garlics.
- You need 3 cm of ginger, peeled.
- It’s 2 cm of turmeric, peeled.
- Prepare 5 piece of candlenuts.
- Prepare 1/2 of nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- It’s of Leaf & Spice Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 of turmeric leaves.
- Prepare 8 of fresh lime leaves.
- Prepare 5 of Indonesian bay-leaves (daun salam).
- Prepare 3 piece of thick lemongrasses white part only, smashed.
- You need 4 cm of galangal, peeled & slightly smashed.
- Prepare 3 piece of small star anise.
- Prepare 1 piece of cinnamon stick.
To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia. If you are familiar with Indonesian Authentic food, Upi Jaya is the best so far for their Beef Rendang.
West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry) step by step
- Blend the Ground-Spice Ingredients together until well combined like a smooth paste. Set aside..
- Combine pure coconut milk & young coconut water to the nonstick-large-pan. Boil & stir them well in a medium heat..
- Add the smooth paste of Ground-Spice Ingredients. Stir well to combine and turn into sweet orange coloured liquid..
- Add all the Leaf & Spice Ingredients. Stir constantly until slightly fragrant..
- Add salt..
- Add fresh beef until well combined. Stir well and bring a gentle boil..
- Once the meat is half-cooked, add baby potatoes & red beans..
- Stir it well every 15 minutes or so to prevent sticking, until the mixture become thicker, darker & gloriously fragrant..
- Continue to simmer gently until the liquid has evaporated by about 95%. Reduce the heat to low..
- Test the meat, it should be perfect enogh when it's fork-tender..
- Taste the liquid for salt, add a pinch if you need more. Mix them. Turn down the heat.
- Remove all the Leaf & Spice Ingredients..
- Serves the dish with steamed rice..
So they are not cheap This is the place if you want to try. All reviews rendang rice curry pandan beef shrimp gado gado juice seafood ayam pop padang food dendeng balado green chili small plates If you are a meat lover and like beef and coconut milk, look no further. Lamun Ombak serves up home cook fair in spades.. Indonesian-Malaysian beef curry that sings with chilli and spices. When it comes to making the ever-popular rendang It's linked to an ethnic group known as the Minangkabau or Minang people from West Sumatra, Indonesia; their.