Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies). A little meat pie; made extraordinary by the folks in Baalbeck (the number one tourist destination in Lebanon This is about the best recipe I have seen for sfiha. When I am allowed a touch of pastry again these will be. Are you ready guys to make with me an extra ordinary Lebanese crowd-pleaser?
Sfiha, Lam Bi'ajeen or Sfeeha Lebanese meat pies are savory pastries that are filled with ground beef or lamb, onions, tomatoes, tahini, and much more. Sfiha, Lam Bi'ajeen or Sfeeha Lebanese meat pies are savory pastries that are filled with ground beef or lamb, onions, tomatoes, tahini, and much more. Lebanese meat pies or sfeehas are savory pastries that are traditionally served like pizzas or as little triangles of doughy bread stuffed with a. You can have Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies) using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies)
- It’s 2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of warm water.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 small of onion, chopped finely.
- It’s 1 small of green pepper, chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of seven spices Or Allspice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pomegranate syrup.
Learn how to cook Lebanese meat pies. Music by Tommy Zarick, Song title "Meat down the street". These savory Lebanese meat pies (known as sfeehas) get their irresistible flavor from clarified butter, toasted pine nuts and fragrant cinnamon. Fatayer is a Middle Eastern meat pie that is filled with either meat and pine nuts, spinach or cheese (such as feta.) Part of the Levantine cuisine, fatayer is.
Twist on Lebanese Sfiha (Meat Pies) step by step
- Mix all the ingredients up to the warm water. Add enough warm water to make a dough that is not sticky. Cover and let rise for 2 hours..
- Brown meat in a pot on the stove top..
- Add onions, green pepper, and salt. Cook for about 5 min. or until onions become translucent..
- Add all the spices and mix for another 3 min..
- Add pomegranate syrup, which can be found in the middle eastern sections at your grocery store.Mix and let cook for an additional 2 min..
- Let mixture cool..
- When dough has doubled in size, take it all out onto a floured surface and break off into little balls..
- Cover them with a cloth and begin rolling out one ball into a flat round..
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of cooled meat mixture onto the center of the flat round..
- Pinch edges to make it look like an eye..
- Place on an oiled pan. Continue with the rest of the dough balls..
- Bake at 350° on the bottom rack first. Make sure the bottoms are browned. Then put them on the top rack and brown the tops..
- Serve next to some Greek Yogurt. Great to dip..
DIY Lebanese Sfiha (Spicy Meat Pie) Recipe. Remember a while back when I talked about starting a gratitude or smile journal? The trick in keeping these pies from opening up during baking is to wet the edges of the dough with a little water before you shape it, that will seal the dough together and prevent it from. Beef�Sfiha Lebanese mini pizzas topped with ground beef, onions, Lebanese Sfeeha meet pie or Lahm bi ajeen with ground beef, onio. Arab mini pizza with minced meat, tomatoes, onions, spices and p.