Mandys Apple pie.
You can have Mandys Apple pie using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mandys Apple pie
- Prepare 375 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 250 grams of cold butter.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cold water.
- You need 8 large of apples cored peeled and sliced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of softened brown sugar.
- It’s 1 large of egg beaten.
Mandys Apple pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a food processor put in flour butter and salt and pulse until well mixed. Add enough cold water while the blender is running until it forms a ball of dough..
- Put dough into fridge for at least 30 minutes. Now core,peel and slice all the apples, put in large bowl..
- Add cinnamon, sugar and flour to the apples coating them well..
- Take out pastry dough and cut a third off and keep for the pie top. With the remaining dough roll out to the size of a buttered spring formed pan. Put dough into pan add the apples..
- Roll out pie top, put egg around the edges of pie and place the top on pressing the edges together..
- With the trimmed pastry roll out and cut out bats with a cookie cutter place on pie brush the top with beaten egg cover and bake for 30 minutes, then remove cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before opening the pan..
- To serve cut off big slice and enjoy with ice cream or hot custard. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/362971-how-to-make-custard-from-the-homemade-custard-powder-recipe.