You can have Indonesian Mooncake using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Mooncake
- You need 150 grams of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 60 ml of Hot Water.
- You need 60 ml of Coconut Cream.
- You need 15 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Food Coloring and Flavoring.
- Prepare 1 of Red Bean or Lotus Paste.
Indonesian Mooncake instructions
- Prepare your steamer. Make sure the water is boiling. Put kitchen cloth on the steamer before close the lid so the steam-water will not drop on the mooncakes..
- Mix glutinous rice flour with salt..
- Add hot water and stir using spoon until crumble.
- Add sugar and coconut cream. Knead by hand until clay like dough formed..
- Divide and knead in food coloring and flavoring..
- Depends on your mooncake mold, weight your skin and filling 1:1. For example mine is 50gr. So 25gr skin dough and 25gr filling paste..
- Shape the paste filling into balls. Wrap the skin around the filling. Dust with glutinous rice flour and mold it..
- Place on the oiled cupcake liner and steam for 8 to 10 minutes..
- Enjoy your mooncake after chill down in the same day..