You can cook Moroccan Meatballs using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Meatballs
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground turkey.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of crushed cashews.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need Pinch of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ras el hanout.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 5-6 of saffron hairs.
Moroccan Meatballs step by step
- In a small pot heat 1/2 cup of water with the saffron hairs. Let simmer twenty minutes until the water turns yellow..
- Mix Meats with crushed cashews, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 2 chopped garlic cloves, onion powder, ras el hanout, cumin, and 1 teaspoon of the saffron water..
- In a large pot add 3/4 cups of water, the remainder of the saffron water, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro..
- Make small square patties out of the mixed meat (mini hamburger shape) and add to the large pot. Heat the meatballs covered for 20 minutes on medium heat. Lower heat to a simmer. Uncover the pot and cook for an additional 30 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half. Halfway through cooking time, flip meatballs around so they cook evenly..