Baklava with date filling. Grease a baking dish, layer in phyllo dough and then add in the date-nut mixture. Phyllo dough that's flaky and buttery with crunchy. This vegan date baklava is a healthier take on this classic Middle-Eastern dessert.
Baklava is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup, frosting or honey. Shobiyet (Şöbiyet Baklava) is a cream and nuts filled Turkish baklava. It is a traditional and popular kind of baklava. You can cook Baklava with date filling using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baklava with date filling
- Prepare 16 of phylo pastry sheets.
- You need 100 gm of melted butter.
- Prepare of for the filling:.
- It’s 1/2 kg of ripe black dated deseeded and peeled.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of for the syrup:.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of rose water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange flower water.
You can make it from scratch with. The sultan of sweets or a sugar bomb not worth the risk of diabetes? Which is your favourite filling – and where makes the best version? Baklava pastry recipe, layers of phyllo dough filled with honey, walnuts and pistachios.
Baklava with date filling step by step
- FOR THE SYRUP: Prepare it one day ahead. Put Water and Sugar on HIGH heat stir well till Sugar dissolves. boil uncovered for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, rose water and orange flower water and boil for 2 more minutes. Cool and refrigerate..
- FOR THE FILLING: In a heavy base pan on very low heat mix prepared dates and Butter. Simmer for about 30 – 40 minutes stiring on and off until dates turn to a dark red colour and all Water evaporates. Set aside. Keep warm..
- ASSEMBLING YOUR DESSERT: Spread one phylo pastry sheet in a buttered baking dish and brush pastry sheet with melted butter. Repeat this process with 8 sheets brushing each sheet with Butter. Spread your warm date filling evenly over the phylo pastry. Spread one phylo pastry sheet over the dates, brush with melted butter. Continue till you finish all the phylo pastry sheets..
- Cut the phylo pastry into squares with a sharp knife. The size of each square is up to you..
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Bake your baklava for 30 minutes. Raise temp to 200*C and bake for 10 more minutes till golden brown..
- Remove HOT baklava from oven and immediately pour COLD refrigerated syrup over baklava. (This is the secret of a crispy baklava.).
- Best eaten same day..
Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. Its supposed origins are Turkish, dating to the Byzantine Empire (or even further), though many cultures. This classic Baklava recipe is made EASY with step by step pictures. Put all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not turning into a paste. Lay one sheet of filo on the bench.