Thai Pulled Pork Sliders. The traditional pulled pork slider gets an update with the addition of spicy adobo sauce, homemade slaw, and Thai chili sauce. Easy Pulled Pork Sliders are super quick to whip up, full of flavor, and absolutely drool-worthy. Pulled pork takes a new form in these hearty sandwiches.
Toss the pork with any residual pan juices and add salt to taste. Sliders are great for serving at parties. People appreciate having a few filling recipes to choose from at a party. You can have Thai Pulled Pork Sliders using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Pulled Pork Sliders
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Thai Red Curry Paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Asian Fish Sauce.
- It’s 6 Tbsp. of finely grated palm sugar or dark brown sugar.
- It’s 4 pound of boneless pork shoulder roast (with some fat).
- Prepare of Kosher salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped cilantro stems.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of large shallots, halved.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Thai bird chile.
- It’s 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, inner light green and white parts only, cut into 3 pieces.
- You need 1 (1/2 inch) of piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 24 of cardamom seeds.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of unsweetened coconut milk (chilled).
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken or low sodium broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of each of finely chopped : cilantro, thai basil and mint leaves.
- It’s of Mayonnaise, for spreading.
- You need 10 of small brioche buns, split and toasted.
- You need of Thinly sliced Cucumber, red onion, cilantro, thai basil and lime wedges for serving.
Things other than dips are most welcome The best kind of pulled pork is made in the slow cooker. Thats how the pork is made for these sliders. A slow cooker takes the stress out of cooking. Pulled pork sliders transform leftover roast pork into a trendy street food feast!
Thai Pulled Pork Sliders instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small skillet, simmer the curry paste with the fish sauce and 1/4 cup of the palm sugar over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and a smooth paste forms. Let cool slightly..
- Season the pork with salt and rub it all over the curry paste. Set the pork in a large enameled cast-iron casserole. Cover and roast, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the meat is very tender about 3 1/2 hrs. Uncover and roast until a golden-brown crust forms, about 15 extra minutes..
- Transfer the pork to a large bowl and let rest for 15 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the meat. Skim the fat from the pan juices, then stir the juices into the shredded pork. Cover with foil and keep warm..
- Make a large double layer of foil. Wrap the cilantro stems, garlic, shallots, kaffir lime leaves, thai chile, lemongrass, ginger, cardamom seeds and turmeric in the foil and seal the sides. Set the packet seam side up directly on a burner or in a cast-iron skillet. Cook over moderate heat until aromatic and beginning to smoke, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the packet to a rack; let cool slightly. The cilantro stems should be tender and the ingredients on the bottom should be lightly charred..
- Scrape the contents of the packet into a food processor. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of palm sugar and process to a smooth paste..
- Spoon the coconut milk into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat and whisk in the cilantro paste. Whisk in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in the pulled pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm..
- Spread the mayonnaise on the buns and top with the pulled pork, Cucumber, red onion, cilantro and basil leaves. Serve with lime wedges..
Tender pork is coated in a sweet, smoky and sticky sauce that is so irresistible. Pulled pork sliders are the perfect food to tuck into whilst watching a big sports game, or just celebrating on a Friday night in with friends. These Pulled Pork Sliders topped with Purple Cabbage Slaw are a delicious summer recipe that's great as an appetizer or main course. These Pulled Pork Sliders make a delicious appetizer or a full meal. Topped with flavorful homemade coleslaw they are a recipe everyone will love.