Apricot glazed chicken skewers. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour apricot glaze over chicken, turning pieces to coat. Apricot jam, honey, and Dijon mustard give these chicken thighs a sweet and tangy flavor, a fast weeknight dinner the family will love.
Repeat with remaining chicken & onions. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. In a medium pot, combine all ingredients for glaze. You can cook Apricot glazed chicken skewers using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apricot glazed chicken skewers
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 clove of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 8 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apricot jam.
I have made this recipe for my family for years and it's still everyone's top pick. I like to serve it with rice on the side. Drain and discard marinade in bag. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, onion, zucchini and summer squash.
Apricot glazed chicken skewers instructions
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut chicken thighs in half crosswise; add to marinade, tossing to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes or for up to 8 hours..
- Thread chicken onto 8 pairs of soaked wooden skewers. Place on greased grill over medium heat; brush with any remaining marinade. Close lid and grill, turning once, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Brush with marmalade; grill, turning, for 1 minute. Makes 4 servings.
Let's not forget that with all of the commotion of cookie baking, home decorating, DIY gift making and gift procuring that we need to make a real weeknight dinner. As much as I love snack dinner, my family needs a home cooked meal every once in awhile. Place the chicken skewers on the grill and sprinkle black pepper on top. As the meat cooks, coat it with the glaze. Mash any apricot chunks with a fork.