Corn dogs. A corn dog (also spelled corndog) is a sausage (usually a hot dog) on a stick that has been coated in a thick layer of cornmeal batter and deep fried. Our corn dogs aren't just yummy. Served alongside your little one's favorite fruits and veggies.
Hot dogs are skewered on sticks, dipped in corn batter, and then fried to a golden brown. This Corn Dog Recipe is a classic fair treat that's easy to make at home! Corn dogs are popular fair food, and for good reason: the crunchy cornmeal crust pairs perfectly with the juicy hot dog within. You can cook Corn dogs using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corn dogs
- It’s 2 of sausages.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of yeast.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs or (golden morn/cornflakes).
- It’s of Chopped Potatoes half cooked.
- You need of Ketchup.
Mounting them on a stick creates a portable treat. Prepare corn dogs at home just like you'd get at the fair. Both kids and grown-ups will love this hearty corn dog batter. Corn Dogs Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Corn dogs step by step
- In a bowl, add the yeast & milk, stir. Allow to rise for 2minutes. Add the salt, sugar, and a little baking powder to the flour, mix well..
- Stir the yeast mixture & add a tsp oil, mix & add flour (if it's thick add more water/milk) allow to rise for 5minutes..
- Divide the sausages into two, insert a skewer, (u can dust them in flour so they stick to the batter)..
- Mix the batter, transfer into a tall glass, Heat the oil in a deep pan. Dip the sausages into the batter ensure it's covered,coat with crumbs, then deep fry..
- For the potato batch: after dipping in the batter, stick the potatoes onto the batter and fry. Serve hot with ketchup or chilli sauce. Voilà!.
I should've ordered two or just gone for the footlong. Easy Homemade Corn Dogs (アメリカンドッグ) recipe that takes just minutes to make, and they are a perfect snack for summer BBQ and parties. A classic corn dog is always great, but these variations are better. It's hard to go wrong with a classic corn dog. But while the traditional version is great, these upgrades are sure to satiate your cravings.