Sambal (Malaysian Chili Pepper Sauce).
You can cook Sambal (Malaysian Chili Pepper Sauce) using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal (Malaysian Chili Pepper Sauce)
- It’s 250 grams of Sambal paste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
Sambal (Malaysian Chili Pepper Sauce) instructions
- Heat oil in a pot or wok, add the sambal paste, and sauté well. If you don't sauté the mixture well enough, it will give you a tummy ache. Heat over medium..
- Add the salt and sugar and continue to sauté. When cooled, it will harden a bit. Keep an eye on it and if it seems too firm, add some water. When it's thoroughly combined, it's done..
- If you add fried anchovies and fried peanuts, it will become the Malaysian dish called "Sambal Ikan Bilis.".