Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup.
You can have Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup
- You need 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- You need 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- It’s 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3-8 inch of flour tortillas – cut into thin strips.
- It’s 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Prepare 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- You need 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup instructions
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).