Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style). Indonesian Food – INSANELY Spicy Grilled Chicken (Ayam Taliwang) in Jakarta, Indonesia! How to Make Asian Lettuce Wraps. Diethood » Recipes » Dinner » Spicy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs Recipe.
But also the most addicting crunchy skin on the outside. A traditional Indonesian satay can be made with chicken or lamb, but you'll find different styles across Southeast Asia. Singaporean satay udang marries shrimp with lime juice, brown sugar, and ground macadamias, while the sweet-and-spicy mussel skewers known as hoi malaeng puu hail from. You can cook Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style)
- Prepare of Marinade :.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (grated).
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chicken powder.
- Prepare of Ingredient :.
- It’s of Boneless Chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 4 of shallot (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of tomato (cut).
- It’s 3 of orange leafs.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal (smashed).
- Prepare 2 cm of ginger (smashed).
- Prepare 1 of lemonggrass (smashed).
- Prepare of Indonesian Sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of Tomato Ketchup.
- You need of White pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of Butter.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- It’s 5 of red chillies (cut small) – The amount of chilli depends on how spicy you want it to be.
I love sweet and spicy together because it adds a little kick to your dish while the sweet helps to cool it down. You can see the amazing spice blend that coats the chicken. And then the chicken is wrapped in bacon. The house fills with the smell of bacon as it cooks and you can't wait to eat!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) instructions
- Cut medium chicken and marinade about 30 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a pan and wait until oil is getting hot and fry chicken on medium heat until light golden.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and discard almost all the oil,leaving just a bit in the pan.
- Add butter wait until melt, put in garlic, chilli,shallot, galangal,ginger, orange leafs, lemonggrass and wait until fragrant. Put the chicken back in the pan and stir it.
- Add some water and cook untill chicken really cooked, add sweet soy sauce, tomato ketchup, tomato, pepper, sugar,chicken powder,and stir it.
- Stir to coat well the chicken for few minutes untill sauce has thickened..
- Taste it and served immediately with rice,, nom nom :)).
Chicken thighs can also be used to make this aromatic Indonesian curry. Chicken are marinated in spices and then steamed and air-fried and served with spicy sambal. You can test the doneness by cutting into the thickest part of the. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Depending on if you like sweeter or spicier I recommend have a bit heavier hand during the pour.