Kuih Lopes | Coconut Glutinous Rice.
You can have Kuih Lopes | Coconut Glutinous Rice using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kuih Lopes | Coconut Glutinous Rice
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- It’s of Food coloring (typically green).
- Prepare 2 cups of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of pandan flavoring.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 15 tbs of muscovado sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Grated coconut and some salt.
Kuih Lopes | Coconut Glutinous Rice instructions
- Wash the rice and soak it with food coloring for 3 hours.
- This is how glutinous rice looks like if purchased in my country (Italy).
- Drain water from rice and place rice inside rice cooker along with coconut milk, water, salt and pandan flavor. Mix them well. If you don't have rice cooker, just cook following the instructions on the rice packaging. With rice cooker, it will take about 30 mins..
- This is the pandan flavoring I bought from Malaysia. There's no substitute for the flavor, but easy to find in any Asian market..
- This is the coconut powder I use to make 2 cups of coconut milk..
- While waiting for the rice to cook, prepare a cup of water to boil with muscovado sugar until it forms the density and sweetness you prefer. For this brand, I used 15 tablespoons. Let it cool..
- When rice is done, flatten it in a square pan lined with baking paper. Make sure to flatten it, and let it cool..
- Cut into the sizes you like and coat them with grated coconut and salt mixture. Serve with muscovado syrup that is prepared earlier..