Klepon (Traditional Indonesian Kue).
You can have Klepon (Traditional Indonesian Kue) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Klepon (Traditional Indonesian Kue)
- It’s 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 3 strips of pandan leaves, about 10 cm, bruised (optional, but it does make the coconut smell sweeter).
- Prepare 1 cup of + 2 tbsp glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pandan paste (it depends on the strength of the paste, so I suggest you add bit by bit).
- It’s 50 gram of palm sugar (the solid type), cut carefully into cubes/splinters.
- It’s of Water for boiling the klepon.
Klepon (Traditional Indonesian Kue) step by step
- Mix grated coconut with salt and sugar and pandan leaves. Steam for about ten minutes. Remove the leaves. Set to cool..
- Combine glutinous rice flour, rice flour, water, and pandan paste. Knead until you can easily form balls with it. If it is too sticky, add more rice flour, if too solid, add more water..
- Boil water in a pan. Carefully form a ball and then flatten it. Add the palm sugar inside. Seal it and make sure there are no leaks. Immediately put it in the pan of boiling water. If you make the balls in advance before putting them in boiling water, leaks might occur, so make the balls and plunge them in water as soon as they are ready..
- When they are floating, scoop them and roll them in the coconut mixture. If you want a liquid filling, wait 2-3 minutes more after they are floating..
- When they have cooled, enjoy!.