Martabak/Mutabak S. Arabia.
You can cook Martabak/Mutabak S. Arabia using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Martabak/Mutabak S. Arabia
- You need of DOUGH.
- Prepare 3 cup of bread flour (not for all uses).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water (meduim heat).
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil (i am using olive oil).
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of FILLING.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion (or white, the red is more spicy).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 kg of minced meat (beef or lamb).
- You need 1/2 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of Spices :coliander, chilly, kary, ground pepper, salt.
- Prepare 1 of leek or spring onions.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cheese.
Martabak/Mutabak S. Arabia step by step
- The dough will be a bit sticky, leave it for some minutes.
- Spices and the filling depends also of you! you can make many combinations, depends of your taste..
- ALL the ingridients have to be fined chopped.
- Dough 1.mix all the ingridients and kneat well about 10 min..
- 2. coat ur hands with oil to handle the dough.
- Cut in 6 balls and let it rest for a while.
- FILLING 1.in the hot oil we put the onions, garlic and the meat. we kneat good until the vegetables be brown and the meat grey..
- we add the spices, the tomatoes. The recipe says to out the leek in the end but i prefer it cooked and not raw. up to you!.
- we wait till to "drink the luquids".
- we leave the filling to cool..
- the cheese part is optional. i am using white cheese (like feta) and gouda or other yellow. i think also cream cheese will be nice.
- we add the eggs and the cheese into a bolw and we mix..
- About the dought and how we are gonna make them. The traditional way is by hand "kind of slaping the dough" but because is difficult to explain there are many videos on youtube, "how to make martabak" etc..
- the easy way is with the roller (but they ll not be really thin) but there are also delicious! in a table sprinkle a lot of flour and start "opening" the dough. USE a lot of flour..
- when is open add some filling in the middle, close it. (for a good closing sprinkle some water in the edges and then cover).
- in oil (i used olive oil) (not a lot, they don't have to "swim into the oil") start frying them in meduim fire. 4min and then flip them. do it again until they are golden brown.
- if the dough is to thick maybe the inside layers are not well cooked.
- serve them warm! a nice dip is just yogurt (maybe with some hot chili).
- This recipe coming from S.Arabia, Yemen, India etc and is the street food for those countries. Is really nice and not that difficult! try it!.