homemade corn dogs.
You can cook homemade corn dogs using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of homemade corn dogs
- It’s of ingredients.
- You need 1 quart of of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tbsp of of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 16 of sausages.
- It’s of equipment.
- Prepare 1 of a deep saucepan.
- Prepare 1 of a food thermometer.
- You need 1 of a tall glass or mason jar.
- It’s 16 of skewers.
homemade corn dogs step by step
- Heat the oil in the deep saucepan to 65°C.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and spoon some of it in a tall glass or mason jar.
- Poke a sausage with a skewer and dry the sausages with a paper towel so that the batter will stick.
- Dip the sausages into the batter,shake off the excess batter and refill the glass as you go along.
- Fry the sausages and you will remain with corn dogs.