Indonesian Honey Comb Cake.
You can have Indonesian Honey Comb Cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Honey Comb Cake
- It’s 400 grams of sugar, I used 300grams.
- Prepare 300 grams of boiling water.
- It’s 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 5 of pandan leaves cut into 7 cm length.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 120 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 150 ml of condensed milk.
- It’s 150 grams of margarine, melted(i used butter).
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking soda.
Indonesian Honey Comb Cake instructions
- On low heat, make the caramel by cooking the sugar until golden brown. Turn off the heat. Add pandan leaves and kaffir lime leaves and slowly add boiling water. Careful with the splatter. Turn on the heat and boil until sugar completely melts. Smells nice and strong while the colours darkened at this stage. Set aside until cool.
- Strain and measure the caramel to go up to 400ml, add ina water if necessary..
- Beat eggs with a whisk until frothy. add the flour and caramel syrup alternatively.. Gradually add in condensed milk and mix well. Add melted butter. Mix well. Add baking soda through a strainer and mix well..
- Pour into a tube pan that’s the batter well and looked with flour. The batter may not look homogeneous but it’s ok.. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Top of cake will go glossy dark brown. Cool completely before serving..