Corn dogs. A corn dog (also spelled corndog) is a sausage (usually a hot dog) on a stick that has been coated in a thick layer of cornmeal batter and deep fried. Our corn dogs aren't just yummy. Served alongside your little one's favorite fruits and veggies.
Hot dogs are skewered on sticks, dipped in corn batter, and then fried to a golden brown. This Corn Dog Recipe is a classic fair treat that's easy to make at home! Mix together a quick cornmeal batter, dip the hot dogs, and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. You can cook Corn dogs using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn dogs
- You need 155 g of Flour.
- It’s 5 g of Salt.
- It’s 120 g of Cornmeal/Semolina/Cornflakes.
- It’s 50 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 8 of Sausage sticks.
- You need of Wooden skewers.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of milk.
Corn dogs are popular fair food, and for good reason: the crunchy cornmeal crust pairs perfectly with the juicy hot dog within. Prepare corn dogs at home just like you'd get at the fair. Both kids and grown-ups will love this hearty corn dog batter. Corn Dogs Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Corn dogs instructions
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt). Then the wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix to form a thick smooth batter..
- Insert the wooden skewers into the sausage. You can use each of the sausage as a whole or cut them in halves.Transfer the batter into a tall glass cup to make coating easier. Deep the sausage stick into the batter and coat it generously. Deep fry in hot oil. Strain the excess oil on a kitchen towel and serve with ketchup/mustard..
I should've ordered two or just gone for the footlong. Easy Homemade Corn Dogs (アメリカンドッグ) recipe that takes just minutes to make, and they are a perfect snack for summer BBQ and parties. Inspired by the Japanese drama – Midnight Diner. A classic corn dog is always great, but these variations are better. It's hard to go wrong with a classic corn dog.