Slow Cooker Beef Rendang.
You can cook Slow Cooker Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Rendang
- Prepare 1.5 Kg of Chuck Steak.
- Prepare 1 of Stem Lemon Grass.
- It’s 1 of Med Onion, chopped.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 of Med Onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s of Chili peppers.
- You need 3 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick or 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon.
- It’s 8 of Fresh Curry Leaves, torn.
- It’s 2 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 425 ml of can Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Slow Cooker Beef Rendang step by step
- Cut Beef into 3cm pieces.
- In food processor combine Lemon Grass, chilies, Onion, Garlic, and Ginger until smooth..
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions and ground spices. Cook stirring until Onion is soft..
- Add lemon grass mixture to the spices and and continue to cook, stirring until fragrant..
- Stir in beef, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves, and sugar..
- Put everything in crock pot and add the coconut milk. Simmer covered for 4 hours and then for an additional 4 hours uncovered..
- Serve with basmati rice and your choice of side dishes. I like it with garlic naan..