Corn Dog Casserole. Browned hot dog pieces mixed with celery, green onion, a corn bread batter and Cheddar cheese for a taste of the county fair in a casserole! Reminiscent of traditional corn dogs, this fun main dish really hits the spot on fall days. It's perfect for the football parties my husband and I often host.
The corndog is a quintessential favorite, try this twist on the traditional dish by whipping up a corn dog casserole! Reminiscent of traditional corn dogs, this fun main dish Corn Dog Casserole is comforting, delicious, and filling! Bake a corn-muffin top on this simple chili, with mini-hot dogs and convenient canned baked beans flavored with barbecue sauce. You can cook Corn Dog Casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn Dog Casserole
- You need 2 cup of Thinly sliced celery.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sliced green onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Hot Dogs ( beef or pork frankfurters ).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground sage.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of (8.5 ounces) packages dry corn bread mix.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded chedder cheese.
Add the remaining hot dog mixture. I'm a corn dog purist.and none of those things belongs in my corn dog! This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Corn Dog Casserole step by step
- In medium skillet, saute celery and green onions in butter for 5 minutes. Place saute mixture in large bowl; set aside.
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add celery/onion mixture and mix all together. Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, sage, and pepper. Add all but the reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mix and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Mix all together and spread mixture into a shallow 3 quart baking dish. Top with reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown..
The beloved corn dog is given a new look and taste courtesy of your slow cooker. Ingredients like Bisquick, hot dogs, jalapenos, corn and cheddar are slow cooked to a cheesy casserole. Cheesy Corn Dog Casserole is a fun recipe for the yumminess of corn dogs, but in casserole form. State fair season is upon us and all I can think about every time I see the signs promoting it here in. Top with reserve Hot dogs and cheese.