You can have Roti John using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roti John
- Prepare 2 of buns / baguettes.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, well beaten.
- Prepare pinch of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil to shallow fry.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped spring onion.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare for of Stuffing -.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken mince.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger-garlic, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of madras curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sambal paste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper powder (opt).
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
Roti John step by step
- Stuffing – Heat oil in a pan and add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute till they turn light brown..
- Add the mince, sambal paste and all the powdered spices. Stir fry till well cooked. Switch off the flame and mix it with the beaten egg, a pinch each of salt and pepper..
- Heat a pan and toast the buns (cut through lengthwise, but still intact). Keep aside. In the same pan heat 1 tsp. oil and pour in half of the egg-mince mix..
- Place an open faced bun over the top and press it gently with the spatula..
- Tuck in the omelette and when one side is done, gently flip it over & toast the other side too..
- Garnish with tomato sauce, spring onions and coriander leaves..