Fried Fish Over The Campfire.
You can have Fried Fish Over The Campfire using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Fish Over The Campfire
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of canola oil.
- Prepare 3 lb of blue gill, lake perch, or walleye fillets.
Fried Fish Over The Campfire step by step
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs..
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and paprika..
- Dip fillets in eggs, then roll in flour mixture..
- Add 1/4 inch of oil to a cast iron skillet..
- Place skillet on grill rack over medium high heat..
- Fry fillets in oil in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flaked easily with a fork..
- *Check for doneness by inserting a fork at an angle into the thickest portion of the fish and gently parting the meat. When it flakes into sections, it is completely cooked. Cooked fish is opaque in color and the juices are milky white.*.