Sweet N' Sour Meatballs.
You can have Sweet N' Sour Meatballs using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet N' Sour Meatballs
- Prepare 2 cup of all natural no sugar added pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of loosely packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all natural ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- It’s 30 of to 50 pre-cooked meatballs (depending on size).
- It’s 1 can of (20oz) pineapple chunks in natural juices – drained, juice reserved.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of green onions – sliced diagonally for garnish (optional).
Sweet N' Sour Meatballs instructions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine 2c pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and bring to a boil..
- In a small bowl make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and 3tbs of the reserved juice from the pineapple chunks..
- Slowly pour the slurry into the sauce, whisking constantly. Bring back to a simmer, whisk in sriracha until completely combined and simmer about 2 minutes to begin thickening..
- Stir in meatballs, reduce heat to medium, and simmer covered with lid vented until meatballs have heated through and sauce has thickened. About 8 – 15 minutes. Time will depend if you are using frozen or thawed meatballs. NOTE: You can use store bought or homemade, in frozen or thawed state..
- When meatballs are heated through, turn heat to low and stir in pineapple chunks. Serve over steamed rice, or ala carte with a side salad for a lower carb option. Garnish either with green onions. Enjoy!.
- Alternate serving suggestion: Use cocktail skewers to make party appetizers for the holidays. Stab one pineapple chunk and one meatball per skewer, arrange on a platter. Serve with sauce on the side for dipping!.