Mexican Rice Bean Salad.
You can have Mexican Rice Bean Salad using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice Bean Salad
- You need 1 Cup of Rice boiled.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Kidney beans boiled (toasted with some chilli powder and garam masala).
- You need 1 cup of Sweet Corns boiled.
- You need 1 of Red bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 100 gm of Cottage cheese crumbled.
- It’s 4-5 of Lettuce.
- It’s of For Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of Onion medium size finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Coriander freshchopped.
- Prepare 12-15 of Mint leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Green chillies chopped or according to taste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Oregano and some mixed herbs.
- You need to taste of Black salt according.
Mexican Rice Bean Salad step by step
- Boil Rice and keep aside. Boil kidney beans with some water and salt. Once it is cooked remove the water. In a pan just add 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil add chilli powder, garam masala and kidney beans, toast it for 2 to 3 minutes. This toss will give some Indian touch to our salad. Beans will be little bit spicy..
- Let's prepare our salsa. Finish all cutting and chopping. In a bowl add chopped tomatoes, onion, green chilli, coriander, mint leaves, salt, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice and mix all well. Keep it aside for at-least 20 minutes, so that all the flavours get mixed together nicely..
- All ingredients are ready let us prepare our salad. Let's start. Take a serving glass, add lettuce leaves in the bottom, now add a tablespoon of beans, next layer is of our rice, above rice our tangy salsa then some crunchy vegetables like bell pepper. Now some protein in the form of cottage cheese, last are my favourite sweet corns, garnish with mint leaves and your cut salad glass is ready..