Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas. We had a creamy and delicious soup that was ready for dinner. Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker. In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin, and.
Plus, you can add all sorts of toppings to this soup-avocado, tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lime, diced tomatoes, etc. Go crazy and add whatever toppings you like. How to make chicken tortilla soup. You can cook Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas
- It’s 1 cup of heat roasted red bell pepper.
- Prepare 15 ounce of can of cannellini beans.
- You need 1 pound of your favorite grilled chicken Fajita meat.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots.
- Prepare 1 of corn on the cob.
- Prepare 8 ounces of white mushrooms.
- It’s 1-1/2 pints of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of large onion I used strawberry onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced celery.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 15 ounce of can of sweet peas.
- It’s To taste of cayenne pepper per individual desire optional.
First, start by coarsely chopping some onions, green pepper, and garlic. I was extra lazy when chopping so these are REALLY coarsely chopped. You can't have tortilla soup without tortillas. Right about here your kitchen will smell like fajitas.
Chicken Fajita Soup without Tortillas step by step
- Peel and wash your vegetables. Dice the onion, slice the celery, remove corn off cob, slice your carrots..
- Heat a pan with the peanut oil. Slice the mushrooms. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Slice the heat roasted peppers. Stirfry the onion mixture 15 minutes..
- Open the beans and drain but keep the liquids. Add beans to the onion mixture. Stirfry 10 minutes..
- Add the seasonings, bean liquids, chicken broth, bring to a simmer. Add all the rest of the ingredients. Simmer 12 minutes. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve, add cayenne pepper if you want. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Submerge the corn and corn tortillas in the soup. Stir to break up the tortillas before serving. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Tortilla Soup. Adding a squeeze of lime juice to the finished soup adds just the right amount of acidity and freshness. Topping this soup with crunchy tortilla strips and creamy avocado slices make it extra yummy!