Hummus. News, reviews, recipes and videos about hummus, falafel and other middle-eastern foods. A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread or veggies.
We also add a little drizzle to the top of the swirly hummus. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right. You can have Hummus using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hummus
- Prepare 1 cup of Chick peas.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s of Tahina (sesame paste).
- You need 1 cup of Sesame seeds.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Olive oil.
Hummus is so easy to make that you really shouldn't have to buy a plastic pot of it. The basic hummus has four ingredients: chickpeas, tahini (pounded sesame seeds), garlic and lemon juice. All you need are a few cans of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, some seasonings, and a food processor. ↑ Hummus Catches On in America (as Long as It's Flavored) // The New York Times (англ.) ↑ Рецепты популярных разновидностей хумуса (англ.) Learn how to make hummus with this easy homemade hummus recipe! It's quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
- Prepare tahina : in a pan roast sesame seeds ( shouldnt turn brown).
- In a blender, add sesame seeds and olive oil and blend till it turns into a creamy texture.
- Boil chick peas in cooker till soft (it should be mashed. do not throw the stock of chick peas).
- In a blender, add boiled chick peas, tahina and garlic cloves and half cup chick pea stock..
- Blend till you achieve pourable consistency.
Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Hummus, oh how I love thee. I love hummus in all the different flavor variations, including roasted But there's nothing quite like the classic hummus recipe. It's versatile, delicious and can be used as a. Take your hummus beyond carrot sticks, pita and celery!