Chicken Shawarma Bork. The shreds of the chicken go great with mayonnaise, toum, hummus or tahini sauce. A Mediterranean inspired dish loaded with tons of spices and baked until golden brown! Obviously this isn't an authentic shawarma because I roasted mine in the oven, whereas it's usually prepared on a spit and it can be grilled for as long as a day.
Here, I've served it modestly, on a pile of shredded iceberg, with some warmed pitta, lemon wedges and a tahini sauce. Remove chicken from fridge and thread onto wooden skewers. Grill on a barbecue or in a chargrill pan, turning to char on all sides. You can cook Chicken Shawarma Bork using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma Bork
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 Tbs of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 Tbs of shawarma spice blend.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken cutlet.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, cubed.
- You need 1 of Roma tomato, cubed.
- It’s 2 of scallions, chopped.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- It’s 4 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare 3/4 c of chicken or veggie stock.
- You need 1 tsp of tumeric.
- You need 1/2 c of couscous.
- Prepare 4 tbs of hummus.
Remove chicken from heat, and drizzle with remaining lemon juice. Chicken Shawarma is a Middle Eastern Recipe and Nigeria's version adds some flare to it. Shawarma are the Middle Eastern equivalent of burgers and. This Chicken Shawarma is juicy spiced chicken wrapped in flatbreads with a creamy, tahini Chicken thighs are great for homemade shawarma as they hold up well to intense, high-heat cooking.
Chicken Shawarma Bork instructions
- Preheat oven to 425. Combine half the garlic, half the shawarma spice, 1 tbs olive oil, the yogurt, 1 tsp salt, and pepper. Pat chicken dry, and marinade.
- Combine sour cream, remaining garlic, salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp water until drizzling consistency..
- Toss zucchini, tomato, olive oil, shawarma spice, salt, and pepper. Roast 15-18 minutes..
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Cook chicken until brown, 6-8 min per side. Remove, cool, slice..
- Heat olive oil in small pot, add white parts of scallions, cook for one minute. Add stock, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1 tbs butter, salt. Once boiling, stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand at least 5 minutes..
- Fluff couscous, toss veggies, squeeze lemon juice, too with chicken and hummus. Drizzle with white sauce and add remaining scallions..
A simple chicken shawarma recipe with tender, smokey and flavorful chicken and a salty garlic and lemon yogurt sauce served over crisp veggies and warm pita bread. Next up for Nerd Month (what's. Recipe: Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma. The chicken roasts in a really hot oven, so thin cuts like boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken tenders work best. However, by using the broiler and boneless chicken thighs, we were ab.