Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine. The combination of spices and vegetable flavors are amazing. This can also be made in a Dutch oven. A nice ethnic alternative to chicken stew.
Although this recipe is not entirely authentic, it has all the flavors and aromas of the real thing and is certainly worth a try. Discover a delicious and authentic Moroccan chicken recipe. Made with preserved lemon and olives, you can cook it in a traditional tagine or the oven. You can have Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of Sweet Potato.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Red Onion.
- It’s 1 of Chilli.
- It’s 100 grams of Sliced Chicken Strips.
- You need 4 of Chopped Mushrooms.
- It’s 20 grams of Hot curry powder.
Arrange the marinated chicken in the tagine, flesh-side down, and distribute the onions all around. Reseason the chicken and the vegetables with another large dose of the spice blend. In Westmoreland, Tennessee, Daucia Brooks brings a little heat to supper time with this speedy meal-in-one. "Not all of my family members like to eat low-fat foods Add tomatoes and chicken. Spicy Moroccan chicken tagine – Cooksister
Spicy Curried Chicken Tagine instructions
- Chop up veggies and chicken strips. I have marinated my chicken with hot curry powder but this is upto your preference.
- Sauté chicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Add veggies and cook for another quick 5 minutes.
- Place all ingrediants into a tagine ( If you do not own a tagine then a casserole pot will suffice).
- Place in oven for 1 hour on full heat ( 2 hours for a slow cook on medium) You know the food is ready when you can hear it sizzling inside!.
- Et voila! Ready to eat. Use any veg or meat and experiment as you please! ENJOY!.
Besides, chicken curry is probably the most common type of curry eaten in Sri Lanka and any other part of the world for that matter. A chicken curry made with coconut milk, and can be less spicy, richer in taste because of the creamy coconut milk component. A simple made-from-scratch curry, slow-cooked spicy chicken curry is delicious. Slow cooked to intensify the heat and flavour. This spicy chicken curry is chock full of spices, from fiery cayenne pepper to flavorful garam masala.