You can cook Patriotic Idlis using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Patriotic Idlis
- Prepare 1 cup of rava / sooji.
- It’s 1 cup of curd, sour.
- You need 10 of whole cashews.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Eno fruit salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of urad dal.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chana dal.
- You need 4 tsp of oil.
- You need 10 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing / asafoetida.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need As needed of Thinly Sliced carrots.
- It’s As required of water.
Patriotic Idlis instructions
- Take 4 tsp of oil. add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves and hing..
- Allow it to splutter. then add ginger, chilli and saute till raw smell goes away..
- Add broken cashews now add rava and roast for 3 minutes..
- Allow it to cool down. once completely cooled and add curd and mix well..
- Add 1 – 1½ cup of water little by little (as required)..
- Form idli batter consistency. add salt to taste and mix well..
- Keep aside for some time. (approx. 20 mins)..
- Now add eno fruit salt and mix till it turn frothy..
- Grease the plates with oil and pour the batter into the idli moulds, decorate with sliced carrots and Coriander leaves.
- Steam it for 10 mins..
- Allow it to rest for 5 mins then unmould..
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice..