Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry. This simple peanut and sweet potato curry was a big hit in our house and I hope it will become one of your favourite midweek meals also. Sweet potatoes add substance and acts almost as sponges to soak up all the delicious flavours. I believe this type of curry traditionally uses collard greens (aka spring greens), but I didn't have any on hand I hope you'll love this Chickpea Sweet Potato Peanut Curry!
Add chopped diced sweet potatoes and sliced pepper to the pan, followed by tomatoes. This was my most requested dish, sweet potato satay curry with the most incredible silky peanut and spinach sauce. TO SERVE. coriander a good handful, most chopped. You can have Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb sized piece of ginger diced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of rendang curry paste.
- Prepare 1 can of tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 480 mls of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 1/2 of coconut milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Juice of half a lime.
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato.
- You need 100 g of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas.
Add the coconut milk and peanut water, followed by the chicken stock cube and chicken thighs. It's for surely gotta be sweet potato curry, for surely for sure. There just cannot be anything else. For example, just off the top of my head: Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry that can be made in about Add half of the peanut/cilantro mixture; reserve the rest for topping.
Peanut and sweet potato rendang curry instructions
- Using a heavy pan, heat the oil and add the onion, frying until almost translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger frying for a few minutes stirring regularly..
- Mix in the turmeric and rendang curry paste, frying again for a few minutes. Then stir in the canned tomatoes..
- Next add 480mls of water and allow the sauce to come to a simmer and keep on a low heat until the tomatoes start to fall apart..
- Next mix in the peanut butter and coconut milk. Season with salt and add the lime juice. Give it a good stir..
- Then add the cubed sweet potato and chickpeas and cover the pot. The potato will cook in around 15 minutes but the sauce tastes better the longer you leave it..
- Add the spinach a few minutes before you are ready to serve up giving it a good stir and ensuring its tender..
- You can serve on rice with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts.
Add a quick splash of fish sauce. Thai Massaman curries aren't traditionally quick and easy. But it's also packed with comforting and satisfying spices. I make variations of this often with brown or green lentils, green mung beans, a combination of the two, different veggies and spices. The combination of earthy lentils, hearty mung beans and veggies like.