Cassava Cake (Malaysian Binka Ubi).
You can have Cassava Cake (Malaysian Binka Ubi) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cassava Cake (Malaysian Binka Ubi)
- You need 1 lb of cassava/yucca root.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter (melted).
- You need 1 of egg (slightly beaten).
- Prepare 200 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Cassava Cake (Malaysian Binka Ubi) step by step
- preheat oven 375°F.
- Peel and grate cassava. The one I bought was 1.37 lb. Afterwards it should be around 1lb..
- Important!!! if it's white, which is a little bitter, it's better to squeeze the juice out and replace it with the same amount of water. I bought a fresh root and grated it, but some recipes I saw mention about frozen cassava. Will try it next time, maybe it'll be easier to grate…
- Mix ingredients..