Spicy and sweet hummus. Meet my new favorite snack, spicy sweet potato hummus! It's brilliant orange and bursting with flavor, both savory and sweet. I've been eating it with everything: pita wedges, bite-sized vegetables, toasted bagels and quesadillas.
Sweet potatoes and roasted red peppers Tahini, or sesame seed butter, joins lemon juice to provide familiar hummus flavor. Enjoy this with veggies, spread on a sandwich or even pair with. Make Creamy Smooth Hummus for anytime snacking. You can cook Spicy and sweet hummus using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy and sweet hummus
- It’s 2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of lemons juiced and zested.
- Prepare of save half the zest for garnish.
- You need 3/4 cup of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of sriracha.
- You need to taste of kosher salt.
We like spicy and sweet and this hummus is both. Everything is popped into the food processor and pulsed into deliciousness. Cumin and cayenne add a bit of kick and pair nicely with the sweet, sweet roasted peppers. Za'atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend that usually contains a mix of dried thyme, sumac, and sesame seeds, is available at specialty stores or online.
Spicy and sweet hummus step by step
- Put everything into blender, puree until smooth.
- Adjust to your taste, I added more sriracha.
- Drizzle sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, lemon zest on top.
- I used stacy's naked pita chips for dipping.
- Add more water if too thick..
- Patron on the rocks with lemon zest, awesome, enjoy.
When I saw this recipe for Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus, I immediately tossed a couple of sweet potatoes in the oven. I knew I was going to love it considering my love of sweet potatoes…and I also knew that I could make a big batch and freeze the leftovers for later in the month. Like to test your taste buds? This wickedly delicious dip is for you. We start with our classic hummus.