You can have Kuih Talam using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kuih Talam
- Prepare of Green Pandan Layer:.
- Prepare 70 g of rice flour.
- It’s 25 g of green pea flour.
- You need 25 g of tapioca flour.
- You need 90 g of sugar.
- It’s 350 g of pandanus juice (10 large screwpine leaves, blend with 200g water).
- Prepare of Coconut Cream Layer:.
- Prepare 25 g of tapioca flour.
- Prepare 30 g of rice flour.
- It’s 15 g of green pea flour.
- You need 3 g of salt.
- It’s 150 g of coconut milk.
- You need 200 g of water.
Kuih Talam instructions
- Green Pandan (Bottom Layer): Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir in the pandan juice. Strain mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat until mixture slightly thickens. Remove from the heat. Pour mixture into an 8in greased mould and steam for about 20-25 minutes till set. (When you tilt the tray, the mixture shouldn´t wobble). Set aside..
- Coconut Layer (Top Layer): Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in coconut milk and water. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and pour coconut layer onto the green pandan layer. Steam for another 15 minutes. Remove from steamer and let it cool for at least 4 hours prior to cutting..