Hummus topped with meat and pine nuts. I used a meat mallet to crush the peppercorns but I think if you have a pepper mill using the "coarse". Toast the pine nuts by heating a little bit of olive oil in a pan then toasting the pine nuts for a couple of minutes. I've been wanting to try a hummus with meat and this one has the most wonderful flavors!
This hummus recipe is in honor of my Great Aunt Vieve who taught me the art of balancing lemon and garlic to maximize flavor. To serve, spread on to platter and top with toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley. It can be stored in an. You can cook Hummus topped with meat and pine nuts using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummus topped with meat and pine nuts
- You need 2 cups of canned chickpeas.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of tahini, sesame paste.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of The topping:.
- It’s 200 g of beef, cut in tiny cubes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of raw pine nuts.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 tablespoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of pinch of salt.
Tahini Hummus topped with meat and Pine Nuts. The topping • Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the pine nuts for a few minutes to brown, then remove from the oil using a slotted spoon. • handful toasted pine nuts, for garnish. To serve, spoon the hummus onto a plate, add the lamb, spoon over the lemon sauce and scatter with the pine nuts. Pine nuts are the edible seeds of pines although not all species of pine produce them in large enough quantities to be worth harvesting.
Hummus topped with meat and pine nuts instructions
- Drain the chickpeas and blend them in a food processor until you get a smooth paste..
- In a big bowl, dilute the tahini paste with 1 tablespoon of warm water. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix well until you get a whitish liquid sauce..
- Add the chickpeas paste to the sauce and mix well. Adjust lemon juice and salt according to taste. Transfer the hummus to a serving dish..
- For the topping: heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Fry the pine nuts until they turn golden in color. Remove and drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- In the same pan, fry the beef cubes for 10 min or until they are well done. Sprinkle with black pepper, cinnamon and salt. Remove from heat..
- Top the hummus with the fried meat at the center of the dish and sprinkle with fried pine nuts. Serve with pita bread..
They've been cultivated for centuries and are common in Europe, Asia and the Americas. To serve, spread the hummus in a serving bowl and top it with the beef. A Lebanese specialty, creamy hummus is topped with hushwee, a cinnamon-scented meat and pine nut mixture, then served with warm pita bread. Use on any meats or mix into condiments, use in soups, beans etc. Mix up a batch and keep in your larder for some quick, no -brainer seasoning.