Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions.
You can cook Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions
- It’s 2 slice of 1/2" thick slices white onion.
- You need 1 of 8 oz pkg mini sweet bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of Cooking Spray.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper, divided.
- You need 4 of 5 oz tilapia fillets.
- Prepare 8 of 6" corn tortillas.
- It’s 1 small of jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 of lime wedges (optional).
Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions instructions
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Arrange onion slices and bell peppers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onions for 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes. Grill bell peppers 12 minutes, turning occssionally. Remove onions and bell peppers from grill and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice onion rings in half. Thinly slice bell peppers; discard stems and seeds. Combine onion, bell peppers, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper in a small bowl..
- Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 3/8 tsp black pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness..
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture and jalapeno slices evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges, if desired..
- Hands on Time: 20 minutes.
- Total Time: 30 minutes.
- SLICE THE ONION JUST BEFORE PLACING IT ON THE GRILL. IF GIVEN TIME TO SET! THE ONION RINGS WILL BEGIN TO SEPARATE AND WILL NOT HAVE GOOD GRILL MARKS..