Arabic Mandi.. my version.
You can have Arabic Mandi.. my version using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arabic Mandi.. my version
- You need 2 cups of rice, basmati; soaked in water for 15 mins.
- Prepare 3 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of big onion.
- Prepare of some garlic.
- It’s 1-2 of tomato.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of maggie cube.
- It’s 2-3 pcs of bayleaf.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper.
- Prepare cloves of some.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 3 of cardamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of chili, add more if you want it spicy hot.
- It’s of for chicken coating:.
- It’s of chicken.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of griund turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of saffron with 50 ml of milk.
Arabic Mandi.. my version step by step
- Soaked rice in water for 15 – 20 minutes..
- Prepare chicken by coating it with coating mixture..
- Pre heat oven at 200.
- In a pot, sautè onion and garlic, until golden brown the add cinnamon stick, cardamon and maggie cube. add bayleaf and cloves. add tomato and chilli. add turmeric, salt, cumin..
- Drain rice and add to spices mixture, then cover with aluminum foil, secure all sides, and make some holes..
- Add chicken on top of the foil then cover and secure the chicken with another foil…
- Bake for 1 hour or 1 1/2. then open and put chicken up the cooked rice..
- Brush chicken with saffron and milk mixture.. if you have any..it will give a nice golden color to the chicken..
- Just curious with the charcoal thing so i lined a small cup with foil and add few drops of olive oil and charcoal, place inside my rice and cover with same aluminum foil for about 5 minutes.. smells is so nice..
- Prepare platter with yougart salad..