Potato Salad (German). German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite.
It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. German potato salad is a savory twist on a classic potato salad. Made with a tangy onion dressing and topped with bacon, it is sure to be a hit! You can cook Potato Salad (German) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad (German)
- You need 8 medium of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dried celery flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried dill.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of splash red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 of splash dill pickle juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped dill pickles.
- It’s 6 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- You need 1/4 cup of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.
- It’s of salt.
Traditionally from Southern Germany, the best. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and This Easy German Potato Salad is a short-cut version that my German grandma used to make for us. How to make German potato salad.
Potato Salad (German) instructions
- Boil potatoes with skin on in large pot. Cover with enough water to just cover potatoes. Boil 30-40min or until tender. Fork should easily slide into potatoes..
- Using hot-pads, drain water from potatoes and rinse with cold water in colander..
- Peel potatoes when they are cool enough to handle and chop into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, overnight is best..
Russet potatoes, for instance, break down easily and are well suited for German Potato Salad is tossed in a deliciously sweet and tangy mayo-free dressing with bacon. ► Воспроизвести все. German Potato Salad Recipe : Boil Potatoes for German Potato Salad. Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily.