Salt cured, leek wrapped trout, stuffed with couscous pilaf. Season the trout with salt and pepper and fill the cavity of each with one-fourth of the couscous mixture. Lay the fish in a greased shallow baking dish. Mix the remaining oil with the almonds and spoon over the fish.
Cover and simmer over low heat until tender and water. Salt Leek is a Ingredient used to craft various meals by the culinarian. I'd known about salt cured egg yolk for a few years; my friends, Chefs Brad Cecchi and Oliver Ridgeway at Grange in downtown Sacramento had first clued me into If you've never cured anything in your life, this would be a good place to start. You can have Salt cured, leek wrapped trout, stuffed with couscous pilaf using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salt cured, leek wrapped trout, stuffed with couscous pilaf
- Prepare 2 of fresh, skin-on trout.
- You need 2 of leeks.
- Prepare 2 cups of couscous.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare of s&p.
- It’s of coarse sea salt.
- Prepare 2 of whole lemons.
- You need 1 lb of asparagus.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup or brown sugar.
Couscous-Stuffed Mushrooms. "Because so many people are watching their weight nowadays, I came up with these light bites that everyone enjoys," writes Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri. Sprinkle inside of mushroom caps with salt and pepper. This couscous pilaf is so simple to make. It's the perfect side dish or picnic treat that the whole family will love.
Salt cured, leek wrapped trout, stuffed with couscous pilaf step by step
- Cook couscous in chicken stock with brunoise red peppers and set aside.
- Cut ends off leeks and slice lengthwise up one side. Peel the layers apart and blanch for 2 mins just to soften. Place in ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Stuff the trout with the couscous pilaf..
- In a lattice weave, wrap the trout with the leeks..
- Cover the wrapped fish with the coarse salt and refrigerate over night..
- Cut the lemons in half and place cut side down in the brown sugar or maple syrup and refrigerate over night..
- Next day brush off excess salt and grill on a bbq for 10-15 mins, or until the leeks start to brown..
- At the same time grill the lemons until the sugar starts to caramelize..
- Grill your favorite veggies as your side. In this case asparagus..
- Once the fish is done, unwrap and squeeze some lemon onto the finished product..
Top tip for making Couscous pilaf. This dish works really well as a side dish for some Moroccan-spiced lamb or chicken. Serve the couscous loose, or for a more formal presentation, you can make timbales by packing the couscous into ramekins and unmolding them onto Warm Middle Eastern spices and fresh mint make this pilaf a great accompaniment to lamb roasts or chops, seared scallops, roast chicken, or sausages. Curing salt is used in meat processing to generate a pinkish shade and to extend shelf life. It is both a color agent and a means to facilitate food preservation as it prevents or slows spoilage by bacteria or fungus.