Cheese-filled pies – fatayer bi jibneh. Those cheese pies are simply scrumptious and easy to make. The pizza-like dough in this recipe is very malleable and fun to work with. For these Fatayer bi jibneh you can also use Feta for the filling, and even mix Akkawi and Halloumi together.
Fatayer jenbeh or cheese pies are popular arabic pastries. Sfiha, Lam Bi'ajeen or Sfeeha Lebanese meat pies are savory pastries that are filled with ground beef or lamb, onions, tomatoes, tahini, and much more. Meanwhile prepare cheese filling and egg wash. You can have Cheese-filled pies – fatayer bi jibneh using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese-filled pies – fatayer bi jibneh
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- You need 1 of egg, whipped.
- You need 1 of potato, boiled, peeled and mashed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- You need 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 250 g of feta cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
If the brand of cheese that you are using is salty, as is the case sometimes with Nabulsi and Jibneh Mshallaleh, then wash in several changes of cold water to reduce the amount of salt and drain thoroughly on paper towels before use. Mix the filling ingredients and set aside. Fatayer jenbeh or cheese pies are popular arabic pastries. Fatayer el jebneh are typically boat-shaped but you can shape the dough any way you are comfortable with, I sometimes shape them the same way as the lebanese meat pies and other times I make them into triangles or circles, they are.
Cheese-filled pies – fatayer bi jibneh instructions
- Mix the flour, whipped egg, water, yeast and mashed potato with an electric mixer until you get a firm, smooth dough. You can add more warm water if needed. Leave the dough to rest in a warm place..
- To prepare the filling: crumble the feta cheese with a fork and combine it with the parsley and onion in a bowl..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 8 cm diameter circles using a circular pastry cutter..
- Coat the border of the dough circles with a bit of egg white, and top each circle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture then seal firmly its 4 edges to form a square that holds the cheese. The cheese should remain visible in the middle..
- Place the cheese pies on lightly greased oven pans and bake at medium heat until they turn lightly brown..
- Serve hot or cold..
I love all types of fatayer (filled pastries) so when I saw Leiths Chef Alison Cavaliero had selected this Lebanese cheese Small pies like these are great for get togethers and are normally a hit with all ages. To make the filling, put the. Jibneh Arabieh (or Jibni) is a semi-hard white cheese found throughout the Middle East. It is particularly popular in Egypt and the Arabian Gulf area. The cheese was earlier made from the milk of goat or sheep.