Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Whipped Cream and Strawberries.
You can cook Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Whipped Cream and Strawberries using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Whipped Cream and Strawberries
- Prepare 1 of FOR CAKE.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 5 large of egg yolks.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil, vegetable, canola or any flavorless oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 8 large of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of additional granulated sugar for egg whites.
- You need 1 of FOR WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING AND FILLING.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of unflavored gelatin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of FOR STRAWBERRIES.
- Prepare 1 pints of fresh strawberries.
- You need 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of colored sprinkes.
Vanilla Chiffon Cake with Whipped Cream and Strawberries step by step
- Preheat oven to 325. Have a 10 inch ungreased tube pan ready to fill..
- Combine in a large bowl, flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder and salt, whisk well until light and combined..
- In another bowl beat until smooth, egg yolks, water, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until smooth..
- In another large bowl beat on medium speed the egg whites and cream of tarter gradually add beating on high the additional 1/4 cup sugar, Beat until stiff peaks.
- Using a rubber spatula fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture in 3 stages, until blended, do not deflate..
- Scrape the batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake until top springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick comes out clean about 55 to 65 minutes..
- Let cool at least 1 1/2 hours upside down. Slide a slim knife around the cake to detach cake..
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM.
- In a small heat proof bowl soften gelatin in cold water for 1 minute. Place bowl in a simmering skillet of hot water until clear, just a minute or 2 remove from heat, but do this while whipping cream as you want the gelatin liquid when adding to cream..
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks add sugar, vanilla and liquid gelatin, beat until stiff peaks. The gelatin will stabalize the cream so it will stay ftesh and fluffy a couple of days..
- TO ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Carefully cut cake in half to form two layers. Spreag a layer of whipped cream on bottom layer, top with thin slices of unsweetened strawberries. Put top layer on and frost entire cake with remaining whipped cream..
- Decorate top with halfed unsweetened berries and sprinkles. There will be extra stawberries, sweeten these with a bit of sugar if desired and serve extra with cake. The reason NOT to sweeten the strawberries for the cake is that they would add to much moisture..
- Keep cake refrigerated.