BLT Deviled Eggs.
You can cook BLT Deviled Eggs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BLT Deviled Eggs
- It’s of chopped basil leaves.
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon, cooked & chopped small.
- It’s of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1 1/2 dozen of hard-boiled eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey mustard.
- You need of chili powder or smoked paprika for dusting.
- You need of salt & pepper.
BLT Deviled Eggs instructions
- To boil eggs: place eggs in a pan and fill with cold water. Eggs should be covered about an inch above them. Place on stove over high heat and bring water to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid, turn off heat (leave on the burner) and set timer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes transfer eggs to bowl with ice cold water. Let cool for about 15 minutes then peel..
- Slice boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk..
- Place all yolks in a bowl and break up with a fork. Combine with mayo, mustard and salt & pepper to taste..
- Fold in bacon, tomatoes & basil reserving a bit for garnish..
- Garnish with remaining bacon bits and basil and dust with chili powder or paprika..
- To color your eggs red and blue for the holiday look, Mix 1 cup hot water with 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar and 1 teaspoon food coloring (if using powder, just a few drops if using liquid until desired color is reached). Mix well so your eggs don't have spots..
- Place egg white halves in bowl and soak for 1-2 minutes or until desired color is reached. Pat dry with paper towels, then spoon in filling..