Asam Laksa (Spicy and Tangy Fish Broth with Rice Noodles).
You can cook Asam Laksa (Spicy and Tangy Fish Broth with Rice Noodles) using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asam Laksa (Spicy and Tangy Fish Broth with Rice Noodles)
- It’s 450 g of Mackerel (guts and gills removed).
- Prepare 1 litre of Water.
- You need 500 g of Rice Noodles.
- Prepare of aromatics;.
- You need 3 sticks of Ginger Flower (halved.
- You need 2 sticks of Lemongrass (bruised).
- You need 12 Sprigs of Vietnamese Mint.
- Prepare 1 cup of Tamarind Juice.
- Prepare 3 pc of Tamarind Slices.
- Prepare of Blended Paste (blend well);.
- It’s 20 g of Dried Chilli (rehydrate, deseed).
- It’s 40 g of Shallots.
- Prepare 20 g of Galangal.
- It’s 10 g of Turmeric.
- It’s 25 g of Fermented Shrimp Paste (belacan).
- You need as needed of Salt.
- You need of Toppings;.
- Prepare 1 pc of Cucumber (cut into thin match sticks).
- You need 3 pc of Red Chilli (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 1 pc of Red Onion (sliced thinly).
- It’s 1 stalk of Ginger Flower (sliced thinly).
- It’s as needed of Calamansi Lime (halved).
- You need as needed of Mint Leaves.
Asam Laksa (Spicy and Tangy Fish Broth with Rice Noodles) instructions
- STOCK; Boil the entire mackerel in 1 litre of water for 10 minutes. Remove the fishes and let it cool. Once cooled, separate the fish meat from the bones. Flake the meat and set aside. Continue to boil the flesh for another 30 minutes. After that, strain the stock and discard the bones..
- BROTH; Heat the stock and add the blended paste, 2 lemongrass, 2 ginger flower, 8 sprigs vietnamese mint, tamarind juice and tamarind slice. Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes. After that, discard the the aromatics and add the fish meat, season with salt..
- OPTIONAL; techincally the broth is done, but I prefer to blend the broth to give it a better texture and body. Entirely optional..
- ASSEMBLY; In a soup plate, place 100g of Rice noodles and pour in the broth. Top it with 20 g of Red Chilli, 20 g of Ginger Flower, 20 g of Red Onion, 1 Calamansi Lime, a few mint leaves and 40 g of cucumber. Optionally, you can also add pineapples and Hae Ko (shrimp paste)..