You can have Patriotic Pie using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Patriotic Pie
- You need 1 of baked 9 inch pastry shell.
- It’s 1 pt of raspberry sorbet, softened.
- It’s 1 qt of fresh blueberries.
- You need 3 of egg whites at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sugar.
Patriotic Pie instructions
- Spread sorbet in bottom of pastry shell. Freeze solid, 4-5 hours. (Can also freeze overnight.).
- Beat egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar till soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating till stiff peaks form and all sugar is dissolved..
- Remove pie from freezer. Working quickly, arrange berries over sorbet. Spread meringue over berries, being careful to seal to edge of pastry. Place pie pan on cookie sheet and bake in very hot oven (475) till golden, 5-6 minutes..
- With sharp knife dipped in water, cut in wedges and serve immediately!.